Moose NFTs coming to Fantom & Elk updates
This week’s Fantom Moose sale hints at a fourth chain launch for Elk Finance.
They’re back. This Saturday, June 12, 2021, Elk.Finance will release the third edition of its wildly popular Moose NFTs, this time on Fantom Opera Network. This new release of 100 Moose NFTs on Fantom follows previous sold-out editions on Avalanche and Polygon.
Starting from 15:00 UTC on Saturday, you will be able to mint a Moose on the Fantom ElkDex for 2000 $FTM (~$600 USD). There will be a hard-coded limit of (2) Moose purchases per wallet.
Moose are Elk.Finance’s native NFT with ongoing utility, which ties together the various parts of Elk’s cross-chain ecosystem and provides unique benefits to community members. Most importantly, operating a node on the forthcoming Elk mainnet will require staking a Moose on each supported network.
In addition to the node requirement, Moose unlock access to valuable, ongoing benefits, including:
- An $ELK airdrop on the next chain launch equal to the sale price of Moose
- $ELK airdrops on every future chain launch
- Farming and trading benefits based on its holder’s liquidity score (e.g., fee rebates, farming multipliers)
- Priority access to special events and promotions (for example, every MATIC Moose holders recently received a 3-month Pro Trial on apy.vision)
Fantom Moose Release Details
Starting from Saturday, June 12, 2021, at 15:00 UTC. a “Moose” button will appear on the Fantom ElkDex interface (https://ftm.elk.finance). Minting a Moose will cost 2000 $FTM (~$600 USD). They will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis, and there will be a hard-coded limit of (2) Moose purchases per wallet.
The Fantom Moose edition will contain:
- 1 Legendary Moose (Ralph, our mascot; non-circulating)
- 9 Epic Moose (5 pre-minted, 4 up for grabs)
- 30 Rare Moose
- 60 Uncommon Moose
As with previous collections, (5) Epic Moose will be pre-minted. Three (3) will be awarded to the strongest $ELK holders on Fantom according to their Fantom liquidity scores. One (1) will go to the NFT artist.
The 5th Epic Moose will be reserved for the community giveaway, which will take place when we launch the mainnet! The winner of this upcoming community competition will be rewarded with an Epic Moose NFT on Fantom Opera Network.
As with all Moose releases, proceeds from the sale will go to the community wallet, which will be used to fund the initial liquidity for our next launch (announcement coming soon!).
The Moose Airdrop Schedule will be specified with our upcoming chain announcement. For additional information about Moose NFTs, visit https://docs.elk.finance/tokens/moose-nft.
Elk Finance status update
The core Elk team has been working hard behind the scenes, and there will be some big news and a revised roadmap to share in the coming weeks. In the meantime, we plan to provide more frequent status updates to keep the community informed about ongoing developments.
Here are a few points that have happened in the last few days.
- As you may be aware, the Fantom analytics page for ElkDex has not been working correctly. These issues are based on using The Graph as an indexing protocol. The devs are working on a long-term solution, which may include building our own indexer.
- The current ILP contract was not verified due to a minor change in the contracts which caused them to lose the verification status. This has been fixed and verified!
- We have launched a basic API for developers to easily query our farms and liquidity pairs. Documentation can be found here.
- Elk Finance Gitbook has been updated with API documentation & Liquidity Score page, along with other topics either added or updated in the documentation.
- Waterfall Bot on Telegram has been adjusted to a higher minimum threshold.
- Polygonscan.com has recently launched & Elk Finance contracts have been verified.
- Upcoming partnership with UniLend, which is a permission-less decentralized protocol that combines spot trading & money markets with lending & borrowing services. More details regarding the partnership this week.
- Work for an updated UI and website has been put into motion. With the new website, there will also come a more detailed section about the people involved and who are supporting the core team to advance Elk Finance.
- A polished and updated roadmap can be expected for Q3-Q4 2021 by the end of this month.
- Marketing is continuously upping its efforts with content marketing and collaborations with other projects. We are looking for collaborations with different blogs-publishers to help bring Elk Finance to new eyes. A comprehensive introductory article has been made and will soon be pushed out to various channels.
- An updated schedule for AMAs to build up consistency is being done. If you have any suggestions regarding AMAs with a project you like on Avalanche, Matic, or Fantom, let us know in our Discord channel (https://discord.link/elk_finance).
What is Elk Finance?
We are building a decentralized network for cross-chain liquidity. The Elk ecosystem will make it seamless for anyone to exchange cryptocurrencies.
In short, we are addressing fragmentation across blockchains. Currently, there are hundreds of separate blockchains that do not interoperate, making it really hard to move value across chains and creating a barrier to adoption.
We want to make it easy and cheap to move your capital across chains, and beyond that, we want to make it easy for the next generation of crypto adopters to interact without blockchains without having to set up 10 different RPCs and wallets to interact with the most profitable projects out there.
However, we are not just interested in building a simple multi-chain DEX: we want to build on top of our cross-chain functionality to support various cool features that currently are either impossible or very hard to achieve.
We have already launched on the Avalanche Network, Polygon (Matic) Network, and Fantom Opera Network. You can find more information about Elk Finance & how to buy $ELK from our documentation.
Links to our website, DEX, charts & community channels can all be found from here!